Re: RE: Burnout Qestions, Low RPMs

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 14:25:41 EST

In a message dated 11/23/99 12:23:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
NVMYDakota@aol.com writes:

<< well how are you all doing burnouts, I am starting from a stand still with
 close to no brake(Notice spelling), then I shift into second (auto) adn turn
 off OD, and floor it, rather relable method of atleast smoking on hide, I am
 just wondering how others are doing it, must have a better way >>

Here's how I did when my truck was stock;

Pull shifter down to 1.

Load the converter up to 1400 rpm or so. Floor it.

Allow to sit and cook for awhile (around 2500rpms or so) , then when the
tires get hot you'll feel 'em slip (the rpms will rise), this is when you let
off the break and leave those twin rubber taggings on the pavement.

I doubt this is benificial, even at a drag race, unless you're using drag
radials or any other type of drag tire.... but it looks cool.

Usually, in racing, the taller the sidewall, the better launch you'll get.
The smaller the sidewall, the less "flex" it has during launch. Get it?

ttyl
Patrick
http://surf.to/rdperformance