Re: Auto Tranny Cooler install

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 14:51:23 EST

In a message dated 11/23/1999 11:42:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jelledge@micron.com writes:

<< I noticed that the tranny already has two metal lines running into the
 radiator, not sure why, but no tranny cooler. >>

You have a integrated cooler through your stock radiator. What you do is
remove the tranny lines and plug the leftover holes in the radiator. Than
you get the biggest tranny cooler you can fit. I use the ones for a tractor
rated ones. In a case like this the tranny should be cool as you can get it.
I know they say run the cooler inline with the stock cooler but i wouldnt
just because of the radiator heat and stuff. You can cool the tranny better
by getting a tranny cooler separate from the stock in the radiator cooler.
Now look and see because there are good and bad ways to mount a tranny
cooler. So check the instructions. The best coolers by the way are the ones
that look like a weird radiator not the regular tube and fin kind that are so
common. These have a small radiator look with tanks on the sides. the cheap
ones have a tube that winds S shape and than there are cooling fins that
bend easily when touched. get the better ones like th B&M youll see the
difference in the price but they cool about 30 % better
Rob