WAS wind noise...spank, and other stuff

From: cnnbcbs@juno.com
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 15:38:41 EST

A few weeks ago somebody posted hearing wind whistling or howling from
the front of their dak.
I heard the same thing this morning. At first I thought it was just my
window open, but after I closed it, the sound continued. I could
especially hear it when I was accelerating. But, as quickly as it came,
it disappeared, havn't heard it anymore... WTF?!!? The only thing I did
recently was change the air filter and drop my tailgate. Oh, well, as
long as its gone.

In other news...Spanked a Ford windstar today, but the funniest thing was
IT WAS A MAILMAN!

Was in a lane to get on the freeway, and I had him stuck to my left, then
he decides to floor it and I run out of space,with no room to slow down,
So I hit the OD and Guned it. My 3.9 goes over 4000 RPMS and I Pulled
ahead immediately and reached 60 before I knew it.
I was surprised he didn't blow a head gasket on that POS engine!!! (all
those 3.8's are garbage)
MailMen are freaky drivers. Trust me.

Pros- Made a bad-a$$ look like a plain old a$$
Cons-that little stunt cost me economy of 9 MPG

Amazing how dropping your tailgate can help you.(economy wise and reduced
air drag)

Finally, was looking for a tonneau cover and came across something from
Quadratecs catalog, a "Sabre" snapless tonneau that uses "Peal and seal".
It looks real nice, no ugly buttons or anything, and at $ 199, it sounds
like a pretty good deal. Any info on this brand, quadratec, or peal and
seal?