Re: BORE SIZES OF TB'S!!!

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 13:09:26 EST

In a message dated 11/23/99 10:04:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
DICEMAN469@aol.com writes:

<< I read that on your website, Patrick, what do you mean by "intake
 centerline"??

 -Austin
 Vipertruck >>

Okay, Austin ... this might be kinda hard so try to visualize what I'm
talking about ..

When we put the TB in the machine - we need something to go off of to make
sure the TBs turn out the same way every time. The center of the bore. We
indicate each bore of the throttle body and find it's true center. Now,
because of the sloppy factory tolerences, this can vary from TB to TB, so we
bore the TBs out large enough to make up for that. This step also completely
removes the large restriction at the top of the TB, leaving a smooth straight
shot into the intake.

Understand???? From then on , all the other parts are made as an ASSEMBLY.
The new thinner shaft, the new thinner blades, the mounting hardware, and the
new, larger throttle bore are all blueprinted and designed to work together.
The result is a much smoother moving TB throughout its range of operation.

Anything else? Just ask.

ttyl
Patrick
http://surf.to/rdperformance