Re: Saber Tonneau (WAS wind noise...spank, and other stuff)

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 13:30:06 EST

I spoke directly with a tech at Extang (the folks that make the Saber)
about the Saber "Peal and Seal" design. I live in a cold/snowy/icy
climate and he told me NOT to go with the Saber. He said it is REALLY
hard to get on and off when frozen or cold. I went with the Extang
BlackMax and absolutely love it! No problems yet, and We've seen temps in
the teens. So if you live in a cold climate I wouldn't go with the Saber.
(Of course this isn't first hand experience but it did come directly from
Extang.)

Nate.

>Finally, was looking for a tonneau cover and came across something from
>Quadratecs catalog, a "Sabre" snapless tonneau that uses "Peal and seal".
>It looks real nice, no ugly buttons or anything, and at $ 199, it sounds
>like a pretty good deal. Any info on this brand, quadratec, or peal and
>seal?

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
00 Dakota CC 4X4, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"