Re: Losing oil (puzzled)

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 16:05:17 EST

At 10:49 AM 11/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Bob, hate to say it, have you had any pinging lately? You don't think
>it could be a slight leak in the intake manifold gasket do you?
>GS -

Ran on a mixture of tad less that a quarter of a tank of 92 in combo with
87 with needle just above half with no pinging but haven't run on pure reg.
for a while (been using up the 92 gas since the last day of the track season).

Prior to doing the compression testing, I ran the leaking intake manifold
gasket test and the plugged-up PCV tests. They did not indicate anything
was wrong in those areas. I'm going to run the manifold test again as
I have received a couple of different procedures on how to do it.

I'm also running rich so I'm going to flush the rad and put back the
195 tstat for the winter.

Thanks.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.