rebuild

From: moparhemi_2000@yahoo.com
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 18:45:15 EST

I am rebuilding the 5.2 magnum V-8 in my 1996 Dodge Dakota 4x4 . This has been
a nightmare. Seems to me the only people who know anything about the 1996
dodge dakotas are the people who own them and are trying to fix them. I have
spent nearly $100 dollars in phone calls and countless monies on parts just
trying to put it back together. First of all, you can't run down to Autozone
or any other parts store and buy anything but oil or cleaning supplies for this
year truck. So far I have had to get parts from salvage yards, performance
auto parts dealers, some parts houses and made some in a machine shop. What's
wrong with this picture. I am starting from the block and working up. Finding
parts to match the infamous computer and the roller cam and lifters has been a
real expensive joy. I am a little over half way there. Any one with any
experience in this please drop me a line.