Re: DML Digest V4 #1214

From: larry brown (lrbrown97@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 19:45:07 EST

I need help solving problem. I was hooking a wire to
my battery terminal Tuesday and a freak accident
happened, the two main power wires that are oem were
hooked to my RF battery terminal and one was loose.
The screw in the terminal was seized so I was going to
my local electronics store and get new terminals.
When I cranked the truck the alarm went off and the
key pad would not work so I had to cut the siren.
When I cranked the truck the abs and e-brake light was
on. I thought this was due to the loose connection.
Well I had to wait till today to get the alarm problem
and wiring problem fixed and when my wife picked up my
truck the abs and e-brake light was still on and there
were no blinkers. Does anyone have any suggestions?
When I took it to the shop yesterday they had to
extend the factory wire with wire crimps and 10 gauge
or 8 gauge wire, would this cause any problem? How do
you tell if you have anti lock brakes? I dont think I
do but I have an abs light. My truck is a 95 dakota
sport cc with a 3.9 V-6. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,
Larry D. Brown
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/dakman