Re: Fuel Injector problems-ATTN: David Z.

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 20:29:24 EST

At 07:44 AM 10/10/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I have been having this intermittant miss/rough idle for months.,....
>I have narrowed it down to injector #5......Yesterday, I swapped injector
>#5 with #7 and I STILL had the problem on injector #5......So, I am
>guessing that the problem is in the harness somewhere......
>ANyone e-ver have this problem?

>ALSO>...I remember someone on this forum talking about getting higher-flow
>injectors.....Now that I have played with them once, I am tempted to make
>the jump.....any info would be helpful....

Did you ever find what was causing your problem? My first thought would
have been to check the Idle Air Control Motor to see if it was carboned
up or if its wiring harness was faulty.

As for higher-flow injectors, I put up a couple of messages the last
couple of days. If you need any clarifications, email me privately
or through the DML.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.