Re: Re: Ignition choices?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 20:19:44 EST

At 06:02 PM 11/24/99 EST, you wrote:
>I'd like to know how whomever wrote the original message knows it's a Dodge
>coil. Not doubting it, just wondering why.

I did not write the original message but the Accel Dodge Magnum Truck/Jeep
1990-97 Super Coil is in the New Products section of the Sep. 99 Drag Racer
magazine. Here's the hype:

Get the higher voltage output and increase energy you crave for your Dodge.
Engineered with optimized resistance, the Super Coil features high turns
ratio windings around an M36 high silicone magnetic steel C-core to
deliver more voltage output for your buck and 34% more energy than the
OE coil. The results of this boost are quicker starts, improved idle
quality, crisper throttle response and increased rpm power.

The Coil's special high temperature epoxy resists shock and vibration,
but still manages to increase thermal conductivity, and its brass coil
wire contact boosts energy transfer efficiency and resists corrosion
better than aluminum. It is compatible with late-model MOPAR PCMs and
MOPAR J-TEC computer controlled ignition systems. It is a direct
bolt-in, plug-in replacement (black and yellow) and works with Accel,
Mallory, Crane, Holley or MSD capacitive discharge ignition systems.
It's put out by the Mr. Gasket Performance Group who bought Accel.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.