Re: RE: Larger Oil Filter: Fram bites...

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 02:25:12 EST

In a message dated 11/25/1999 4:56:48 AM !!!First Boot!!!, bernd@texas.net
writes:

<< 180K miles on an engine that was run on DINO oil. (No excessive wear, no
 cylinder wall scarring, and all of the bearings looked perfect.) Synthetic
 isn't the "Wonder Cure" for a long lasting engine...regular maintenance >>

well Bernd you got that right. my GMC has 150 000 + i dont know what it has
now my bro in law has it and it runs awesome. We just did a compression check
and it is still the same . All i did was change the fluids and regular
maintenance. Oh i did replace the 700r4 tranny at 140 000 hard driven miles (
drag strip desert driving towing) and the thing runs great. i ama firm
believer in regular and preventative maintenance.
Rob