Drove a 4.7 yesterday

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Nov 25 1999 - 14:10:20 EST

Well, I went to visit with my buddy who works for my local Dodge dealer,
and he told me that he has a '00 4.7 in stock. It turns out it was a
Sport+ RC, dark green, fully loaded, 4.7, auto, with 3.92 posi!! I also
noticed that the rear tires were a little feathered, and my buddy just
smiled and said "this thing moves". To make a long story short, I was
very impressed. Satisfied my power craving. And the tires are even more
feathered now!! This thing hauls a$$!! I'll say that it's just as fast
as the R/T CC that I tested last year, maybe even faster!! Very
impressive, any thoughts I HAD on this engine not being enough have been
changed. Only if it was a CC SLT+....... The sticker was $20,355. Not
bad, my lease ends next year, now I know what I'll be getting.
    BTW, another car mag (C&D I think) tested a 4.7 QC Sport with a
5-speed and ran a 16.0@86mph. They were really impressed with the whole
truck. Just gotta find that issue of Fourwheeler now to see the Truck of
the Year test.

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'97 Dakota SLT+ CC Auto, 3.9 V-6