Herculiner and other mods to R/T

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Sun Nov 28 1999 - 07:53:47 EST

  I just finished the 2nd coat on my Herculiner bedliner. I must say,
it looks pretty good. Probably not as good as the texture on a
spray-in, but for the money it's fantastic. I bought the kit for $99 at
K-Mart, spent another $25 or so at the hardware store buying rubber
gloves, plastic paint tray, Xylene thinner for cleanup, foam brushes,
and 3M scuff pads.
  It took me 5-6 total to do the whole job. I spent a good 2 hours
scuffing the bed down 1st, then another hour taping it off. I did the
"over-the-rail" type, and also over the top of the tailgate. The 1st
initial coat took 1-2 hours to do, I wasn't keeping track. It says to
wait an hour or 2 for it to dry or become tacky to do the 2nd coat, but
the heck if I could figure how to crawl up in there to roll out the 2nd
coat without getting it all over me. So I let it dry a few days, hosed
it out real good, then put on the final coat. It kindof softens the 1st
coat as you put on the 2nd, and they bond to make 1 thick coat.
  I plan on taking some pictures and posting them soon, I plan on doing
a few cosmetic updates to my truck so I'll have before and after shots.
  '99 R/T, paint color black: Mod #1-Herculiner bedliner
To come:
-swap out 6x9 power mirrors for 5x7 power mirrors
-replace red factory decals with silver decals
-2 10" racing strips that will be on the hood, roof, and tailgate,
silver in color
-Pace-Edwards roll-top cover
-Mopar mudflaps
-American Racing AR-767 wheels and Bridgestone Dueler H/L tires for
winter driving
-I just got maroon Ram's Head stickers made and put them in the center
of the Nascar style center cap for the wheels, looks real cool.
  Patrick