FW: Jasper Engine(V6)

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 15:26:32 EST

I emailed Jasper just to see if they offered an engine replacement for my
Dak, whenever I decided to pop a new 3.9L in it, and here is what they
emailed me back:
<Kyle.
<Per your request the following information applies:
<This engine is going to be remanufactured back to or exceeding O.E.M.
<specifications. It will consist of the remanufactured block, heads, cam,
crank, <and rods. It has a standard set of new internal parts that include:
pistons, <rings, bearings, lifters, valves, valve springs, and timing
components. Included <with the engine will be the oil pump, oil pan, and
the timing cover. These are <already installed on the engine for you. After
the engine is built-up, we then <LIVE RUN TEST it at the factory to make
sure that it is going to be running <properly when you receive it. We
actually pour the fluids in and run it for 1/2 <hour to 45 minutes. While
it is running we run checks on oil pressure, <vacuum, and compression. We
also check it for any leaks or noises. This <JASPER complete engine will be
backed with a 3 YEAR / 75,000 MILE <WARRANTY. This warranty covers PARTS
AND LABOR and is good <NATIONWIDE. The price on your 93 Dodge Dakota 3.9L
engine is <2024.00 exchange, core/skid deposit 415.00. **PLEASE NOTE: The
<above price DOES NOT reflect the cost of labor to install the engine or any
<other installer associated costs. Please call your local installer to get
an <estimate on the installation.
<**You may purchase an installation kit for an additional 275.00.
<If you would like to get this engine on order, or if you have any further
<questions please call our sales department at 1-800-827-7455. Our inside
<sales department can give you information on availability as well.
<Thank you

So what do you think........$2024 for a new 3.9L sounds kind of high doesnt
it? Still that is wayyyyy cheaper than new Dak and day!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD 8.5MM Super Conductors, Accel
Super Coil, Borg Warner Select Brass Cap/Rotor, Autolite Copper Plugs(.050),
Amsoil 2Stage Air Filter, Redline Watter Wetter, Cobra CB(8W), Firestik II
Antenna with SS Quick Disconnect, Pioneer DEH45DH, Pioneer 6.5" 2way
Speakers, Pioneer 5x7" 3way Speakers, Rhino Liner(double coated), Rancho
RS5000's with Urethane Bushings, Grill Brush Guard, Hella 500 6" Round
Driving Lights, Hella XL Low Beams, Tinted Windows All Around, Vent-Visors,
Overhead Console, Tool Box(Full Of Recovery Gear/Tools), Hidden Hitch Class
III, Amsoil in Front/Rear Diffs and in the NP321 Transfer Case