Trailmaster pics up

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 10:37:50 EST

ok y'all, thanks to Jon I've got a couple pics up on my profile page of the
Trailmaster lift:

http://csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu/WWWProfile/dakota/XzDn9Nl7vFo8M/

It is still a work in progress as I need to locate a set of fender flares to
add to it to cover trimming that still needs to be done for better
articulation. I'm thinking flares off a 97-up Dak 'cause they're a couple
inches wider, which is all that needs to be trimmed from my fenders anyways.
Anyone have 97+ flares they wanna sell?

I've got a ton of install pics but since I don't have a "normal" web page,
not sure the best way to get them posted.

The ride is definitely stiffer now with the lift, and there is some power
loss going to larger tires. Also had a helluva time trying to locate the
correct speedo gear. The one I needed was a 28-tooth pinion but the smallest
the dealer could find was a 30-tooth, Until I told him to look across OTHER
dodge vehicles, not just Daks. A couple trips later, he finally found a
29-tooth pinion off a Ram Van. It works fine but the Speedo assembly on the
transfer case needed to be rotated so the gear would engage (due to a smaller
diameter gear). I found that one out the hard way when I popped it in and
took the truck for a spin the first time...speedo read zero (at speed) and
engine kept shutting off...must've been something in the computer to prevent
odometer/speedo tampering?...Luckily I had the old gear with me and put it
back in (on the side of a busy highway) until I could drive back and figure
out how to fix!

Overall, cornering is better than expected, maybe due to wider tires and
wider wheel offset. Haven't checked MPG yet.

Keep checking the page for more pics, as I will post when I get better ones.

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC Sport 4x4 3.9L 5-spd
4" TM susp. lift, 2" Body lift, 33" BFG MT's, Brush guard w/ Hellas, Tow
hooks, Tool Box, Sunroof, Cobra 18 CB, 4' Firestik II, Alpine 6-disc CD
Changer/Head Unit/amp, JBL speakers, Rhode Gear bike mount, Saris roof rack,
custom-welded rock rails, and a white dog named Jake in the passenger seat.
84,000+ miles.
http://csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu/WWWProfile/dakota/XzDn9Nl7vFo8M/