Re: Stainless Brake lines

From: Dave Scelfo (macncheesemonster@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 19:37:52 EST

>Would it be possible to wrap rubber lines in SS? It seems like the SS is
>for
>Abrasive Resetance, also, it would stop the hose from flexing... I dunno
>how
>big of a problem that really is, but I could see it being a problem.
> Greg

The stainless doesnt keep the hose from expanding, the teflon is what does
it (I think). As for covering them, I dont think its very practical.
Rubber works...stick with it. If you're hoses are failing so often from
abrasion, there is something wrong somewhere thats causing it. Try a spring
to hold the lines inward or the twist I mentioned in the last post. For the
difference in cost of the stainless, you can carry a spare for the front and
the back. I think this is a much better investment.

--
Dave