RE: Stainless Brake lines

From: Dave Scelfo (macncheesemonster@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 20:21:03 EST

>Tell that to the die-hard wheelers. You'll get a different answer to the
>safety of SS Covered Brake Lines.
>
>- Bernd

     SS is extremely brittle. The Pro Comp lines are not DOT approved.
They meet the DOT requirements but the DOT will not approve them unless the
coat them in rubber to reduce fraying. Ya got to watch the wording.

     "We've run braided lines and had them fray, pinch, kink, and come apart
before... a few times. For this reason we now offer only the safest DOT
longer rubber brake lines "
     This is a quote from a highly reguarded wheeler. He competed and did
quite well in the top truck challenge. I think thats pretty diehard.
     If you want another hardcore example:
http://www.spidertrax.com/images/garage2.jpg
http://www.eden.rutgers.edu/~dave1/ramp1.jpg

--