Re: DML Digest V4 #1239

From: Steve (Slow@primenet.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 15:04:32 EST

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 13:36:25 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 06:58:02 PST
>From: "Frank Johnson" <frankwjohnson@hotmail.com>
>Subject: DML: Mudflap install question???
>
>Has anybody installed ANY type of mudflaps on a 97+ Dak with the fender
>flares?????
>Cause i'm lookin at my wheel wells and it looks like i have to slide the
>flaps between the flares and the wheel well. And it also looks like i can
>use the same screws to hold both the flares and flaps to the wells.
>And if anyone understood what i just wrote please offer any suggestions.
>:)
>And i really don't wanna talk about the price or what type they are, or any
>of that other discussion, cause i like the flaps that i've got.
>
>Frank WJ

I did exactly what you are describing years ago on my 97. I used the
heavy duty rubber mopar flaps and drilled holes to match the fender
flair holes. Very easy to do, but I did have to turn the front tires
and remove the rears to get in there to put them on.

        I didn't put them in-between, I just put them on top of the
flairs. No problems in three years..

Steve, 29
Apache Junction, Arizona

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Gibson Single
3" Cat-Back,Tow Hooks....