RE: Clutches

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 03:20:16 EST

I got home last night, after doing some hard driving, and my clutch was
smelling really good. It has bout 40K miles, at least 1/3-1/2 of those were
very hard driving miles. Wondering how long you all have seen your clutches
last. I am wondering if it is getting close to changing time. It is not
slipping yet, but I want to keep on top of it before it goes out completely.
I looked around on the net a little, and cannot find prices for 97+
clutches. How hard is it to replace on your own, or with the help of a
buddy? Any one looked into performance clutches? I need some feedback and
ideas here. If I have to put in a new clutch soon, I want to put one in
that will suit my driving habits.

Your clutch shouldn't be smelling that bad! Ihave on my 95 about 60kon the
original clutch and it is still doing good. A Centerforce Dual Friction
clutch maybe in your future! That is what will be replacing mine when the
time comes. It is always good to yank the flywheel and have it turned.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ