New (to me) Gibson and other ramblings

From: Jason Yates (j_hurricane_y@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 22:35:40 EST

YEAH BABY!!! Just installed a Gibson cat-back (single 3")
tonight that I purchased used from Kevin V. and boy, oh
boy, am I completely stoked!!! My truck finally has that
throaty rumble it should have had from the factory.
Ahhhhhh, yeah! It was an easy install, too. 'Course it
helps having access to a lift at the 'auto hobby shop on
base (Nellis AFB, NV). The exhaust definitely flows
better, too. I have a K&N Gen II clone that I fabbed up
(my "Po'boy"--made from ABS) and an F&B TB and I really
didn't notice that big of an improvement when I put the TB
on. Well, that was certainly because the engine was not
able to get the exhaust out as fast as the air could get
in. Now, with the cat-back, I know I've gained some
serious horsepower from the combo. My 318 can inhale AND
exhale now!!! AND I did all three mods for under $275!!!
I would have spent double that without the resources of the
DML. Thank you, thank you, DML!!! Specifically, I'd like
to thank Kevin V. aka. Quiktruk99 and Frank & Bruce of F&B
TB fame. My props go out to the rest of the DML for the
inspiration to start mod'n my truck. OK, sorry I'm
sounding like I'm accepting some kind of award here. My
fiance tells me that I'm going to have to start going to
'Dak addiction' meetings. "Hi my name is Jason, and I'm a
Dak-aholic; It all started so seemingly harmless . . . ." ;)

=====
JY
Vegas '98 Jade Metallic 4x4 CC 5.2L 5spd
Po'boy Intake, F&B TB, Gibson 3" cat-bak, spray-in liner, & too much sound gear to bore you with . . . L8R