whistle noise up front

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 23:07:14 EST

"my dak is now having the tendancy to whistle up front, at speeds over
35
it started small and is now getting louder. it sounds like its coming
from the winshield, but I've checked everything from the black plastic
grille to the wipers, mirrors, door windows, and the glass( including
seals), everything seems fine. I even ran the wipers while i heard the
noise but no change. And now Im beggining to hear it slightly whenever I

accelerate. This noise is very annoying and I've hesistated to take it
the dealer becasue they love to say
"WE CANT HEAR IT", and then accuse you of being crazy!"

-What year is your truck?? My '92 whistles from the passenger side, and
short of having to remove the antenna and the wiper arm on that side, I
have never been able to find the culprit.
  Now my R/T is making a noise that is driving me insane. It also is a
noise that I hear only above 40 mph, if you slow down below this it goes
away. It is a buzzing noise coming from up front somewhere, and the
noise is very loud if you put the window down a tad. It's like I could
reach out the window and grab a buzzer someone glued on the mirror. I
folded my 6x9's back to see if it was wind around the mirrors, but that
didnt help. Nothing is loose anywhere. I check for a leaf stuck
somewhere. Then my dad was riding with me and he said he thought it was
coming from his side too! I have a 3 piece bug deflector that I may
have to remove and then drive to see if that is it. It does sound like
an electrical motor buzzing upfront, like if it was attached to the
firewall. (My very first guess was that it was my speedo buzzing like
the old days.)
  While we are talking about noises, does anywhere have a loud hum,
almost like wind in a pipe type noise, when you are in reverse with the
automatic transmission?
Patrick