New exhaust

From: kwjohn@mindspring.com
Date: Sun Dec 05 1999 - 19:18:46 EST

Hi all,

I have been running with a partially blocked catalytic converter for
about 5 months, waiting for the day that I could install a complete
system from front to back. Well, I couldn't wait for the headers any
more (though maybe the JBA headers from the group buy will come in
before Xmas?), so I got the exhaust done on Saturday.

I now have a Dynomax high-flow cat, Flowmaster Delta-flow 50-series, and
custom-bent 2.5" pipes with dual tailpipes under the rear bumper.

First impression, the exhaust sounds noticably louder in the vehicle,
though crusing at highway speeds are pretty quiet. The sound is more
throaty, and sounds pretty good (but not great - I'm gonna try some
different exhaust tips).

So, I went out to some pretty isolated roads to make some 0-60 and HP
measurements with my G-Tech. I was quite surprised to find that my 0-60
and 1/4miles were LONGER but the HP was up. I'm going to record some
more runs before I post anything t my web site, but the readings were
anywhere between 48HP and 240HP (neither of which I believe). If I were
to guess right now, I'd say that I'm up about 6-10HP over the stock
129(rear wheel). However, the restricted exhaust had more torque and
thus better off-the-light feel.

More info as time progresses.

Kurt