Dak fun in the mud

From: Frank Johnson (frankwjohnson@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 05 1999 - 22:57:45 EST

It's been raining off and on for the past couple of days in my area
(Windsor, Ontario, Canada). so i decided it was time to take my buddy out
into the mud.
Wow, have i missed offroading. We were cruisin down a private road
(illegally) at about 35 mph (50 km/h) and sliding around in the slop. And
as i was coming up on a little dip, or what i thought was a little dip, was
more like a 3-foot drop-off. We flew over and took a pretty good bounce, i
felt like a driver in the Baja races. But no worries, the Dak held up
great.
The tires really suck in the wet stuff though. I think i'll be getting some
some tires with a deeper tread pattern in the spring. The tread on the
stock tires aren't self-cleaning, meaning that when you get back onto the
ashphalt, it takesa minute or so to spit all the mud off.
But tons of fun, even though i broke the number one rule of off-roading, i
went without a "buddy" truck. I made sure to stay outta anything that
looked like it would suck me in.
Happy four-bying everyone,

Frank WJ