Re: V6 Supercharger Completion and Performance Increases

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 07:47:27 EST

In a message dated 12/8/99 12:14:35 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Dester223@aol.com writes:

> Sure. how much was the package? Does that come with all the brackets and
> mounting accessories? This might sound funny, but a friend of mine has a
SC

> for his Integra he would like to get rid of. Would it be hard to
fabricate
> bracket/pully system to get it on my v6 dakota? can i just buy the
mounting

> bracket for it somewhere? because I don't think there's too much other
> stuff
> I have to look out for. Fuel pump, regulator. what else?
> -Dester

Well I lucked out really good that Nick (FastdodgeD@aol.com) was selling his
powerdyne, and I picked it up for $1200. I believe they normally go for about
$3000-$3500. The kit comes with everything you need, and is easy to install
(that is if you have good mechanical ability). They don't sell them for V6's,
but a V8 kit can easily be adapted, which is what was done in my case. You
may have to reroute some air intake plumbing, but that's about it.
      As for your friend's charger, I doubt it would work, because it was
built for a much smaller engine (1.8L if I'm not mistaken). You can use it on
yours of course, but all the fabrication you would have to do just to get
probably 2-3lbs of boost wouldn't be worth it in my opinion. You have to
worry about making the fuel system capable to feed the supercharger, then you
have to make sure the fuel/air mixture is right....I wouldn't advise it. Your
best bet is get a tested and proven kit that you KNOW will work. It's more
money, but it would be safer. Maybe you can find a used one like I did . . .
that wouldn't hurt either :->

-Austin
Vipertruck