RE: Stull vs. Trenz vs. ??

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 08:36:15 EST

I have the Trenz grill, and for the $80.00 I paid for it (6 months old) I'm
happy with it. If I were to do it again though, I think I would have the
Stull. The Trenz grill is made of very soft aluminum and the bars are a
little too close together to get a finger in to release the hood latch
without bending one of the bars slightly. And the bars bend very easily. The
fit wasn't that great either and I had to bend a couple of the bars to get
it in the grill shell. Not much, but enough you can tell if you look. The
Trenz grill works, and looks pretty good, but I think if you are going to
spend the money, get something else that fits better. I'm also not sure
about the mounting method of the Stull, but I'm not too impressed with the
Trenz. The Trenz relies on the very small lip around the rear, inside of the
shell to sit on. Because the fit wasn't perfect I was afraid one of the
inserts might fall out. This hasn't happened in 2 years, but I'm sure the
Stull still mounts a bit better.
Just my .02

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers, F&B TB, DDBC, DML sticker

<snip>
My girlfriend is thinking of buying me a billet grill for Christmas.
Anybody have any opinions on these? Any particular brand I should go with?
>From what I can tell, the Stull looks very similar to the Trenz. Are there
any other brands out there for our trucks? Thanks guys.
<unsnip>