Re: Re: Oil In Water Update #2

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 12:03:14 EST

At 10:58 AM 12/8/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hehe...one in a digest is better than none.... I've not seen the
>4.7 oil filler tube yet, but maybe you could add a little engine
>insulation to the neck and seal it with aluminum tape, to keep it
>from cooling to fast and causing condensation? I admit this would
>have to look pretty good before I'd leave it in my engine bay.

I was just reading in one of the drag racing magazines that one
of the pit tips between runs was to remove the breather cap
(as long as it's not too windy) because a surprising amount
of condensation gathers underneath the valve covers.

If this is true, you could try one of the aftermarket 'open' breather caps
(e.g. K&N's, etc).

I've put on the MP aluminum valve covers and the passenger side has two
openings (1 for the pcv; the other is just rubber plugged)...on the driver's
side, there are 2; one for the oil filler cap and other is the breather.

Probably won't fit the 4.7L though but at least you can replace the
stock breather with an open one. Just a thought. Good luck.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.