RE: RE: Summit Racing gets 2 thumbs up!

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-wts.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 13:52:26 EST

Bob,
It is sad, real sad. It took me until this past Friday to get my JBA y-pipe
straightened out. I had to run up to an authorized JBA shop in Maryland to
have it customized. Turns out the y-pipe was only designed to fit an auto
tranny, not a manual. It took two months to figure this out. JBA kept
trying to tell me I was installing it wrong. I still need to send JBA the
bill for this. They are going to cover it. It functions ok, but it looks
terrible. I'm going to try dropping the pipe and ceramic coating the
sections they welded in. At least it will sorta match the original chrome.

As far as the engine goes, I was waiting for the y-pipe to be completed.
Now I am waiting on a dial indicator to show up on my doorstep, then I'm
ready for the cam, rockers, and intake. I wanted to get all the little
things together before I started, and this indicator is the last one. (I
needed to pick up the dial indicator w/magnetic base, a valve spring
compressor, an air hose adapter to keep the cylinders under pressure, and a
degree wheel.) Hopefully in about another week I'll have some progressive
news. If it wasn't for the y-pipe screwup, I'd be finished by now. Oh
well, what are you supposed to do? I'll keep you posted.

I still need to take a picture of my vacuum tree and send it to Bob King and
Jon Steiger. Boy, am I running behind. Talk to you later Bob.
Rich - Ashburn, VA