RE: Water in Oil

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 14:30:00 EST

Your oil air breather tube is post air filter (so it gets filtered air) which
is usually warm and cools down with the engine. Any "moist" air shouldn't be
in significant quantities at that point, unless you are somehow getting water
in your intake air (like a water injection system). Condensation from normal
operations should be almost nil. You shouldn't be seeing it in a filler tube
unless the cap is defective. Without seeing the oil from the engine, I
wouldn't jump to a condensation conclusion so rapidly.

Shaun H.