wacky oil pressure

From: eyesuss o'malley........jedi master (eyesuss@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 03:45:19 EST

Recently my oil pressure gauge has started to act wacky. At least I hope it
is the gauge and not a engine issue. Thats why I am asking for help. When
engine is cold or has been sitting for awhile the pressure reads normally on
the gauge. When the engine gets warm it starts bouncing down to no pressure
then back up to middle range. Then sometimes it will just stay in the
middle like normal again. It just kind of comes and goes. sometimes it
starts to go down when I start to accelerate. Other times it starts to go
up when I accelerate. It is a really wacky problem. The only constant is
when it is showing a normal middle range reading when engine has been
sitting or cold. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
George Ritchie
93 clubcab 4x4 5.2L