Re: 6.4L Dakota R/T

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 14:45:40 EST

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 NVMYDakota@aol.com wrote:

> I was reading a magazine at work (not sure which one) but they had a Dakota
> R/T from some place in texas, TNT. They punched out the 360 to 6.4L and got
> some crazy ass amount of power from it. I was first wondering if anyone knew
> which magazine I was talking about, and second, it they could punch my 318 to
> a 6.4 That'd be WAY to cool.
> Greg

   I'm not sure about the magazine; if anyone knows, I'll have to pick
up a copy myself. Sounds pretty cool. :-) Actually, that sounds
familiar. Is that the one where they spent an obseen amount of money
on the thing, and the 1/4 mile times were pathetic? Maybe its different,
but I seem to recall TNT doing this with a non-R/T, although they bored and
stroked a 318 to get somewhere near that displacement. It had a hood on it
with a NACA style scoop in the front. It may have even been a 4x4, I don't
recall. That was a year or so ago, I think. There may be something in the
archives.

  As far as the 318 goes, no, there isn't even enough material in the
block to bore it out to a 340, much less to the 390-391ci required for
6.4l.

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |