Re: IFS vs.live axle

From: Cale Henry Bargen (vencomatic@ameritech.net)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 15:02:54 EST

The rear axle of desert racers is certainly not used to carry a load! It
does make sense to use a live rear on daks, but the only reason I can
think of for the desert guys is maybe strength and simplicity. Since
they push so much horsepressure through the rear, maybe they have found
that high angle CV joints just can't take the punishment.
Cale