Re: rear end HELP!!!

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 00:06:52 EST

In a message dated 12/09/1999 11:34:38 PM !!!First Boot!!!, acolona@i-55.com
writes:

<< 1. Does it have shims or is it shimless? what does this mean?

if it has shims the shims go on the ends of the carrier where the bearings are

 2. How do I adjust the backlash, or do I have to since it is a factory unit
and I am using the same ring and pinion and same gears ratio?

if youre just swapping the carrier without a gear change you dont need to
adjust the back lash
 3. any other helpfull hints? >>
New oil and make sure the locktite gets put on the ring gear bolts, i had one
loosen up on me when coming back from the river. Not pretty