Long reply to the 4.7/45RE bashing....

From: stevie.o@excite.com
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 08:31:31 EST

> I don't mean to start a flame war, although I'm sure
 that is what will happen from this...but did you not
 test drive your new truck before buying it? I mean it
 isn't like Dodge sold you a 318/46RE and then somehow
tricked you into buying the 4.7/45...

Sorry but I must agree, my brother works at DC, finace dept.
he tried to get the Grand Cheerokee for his lease, no V8 (4.7)
avalible ( this was Nov `98) they were having serious problems
with them metting EPA standards is what he heard.
I would also NEVER buy a new engine, NEVER be the ginea pig!!
sorry all you 97 guys, I've lived most of my life in/around
detroit, I've worked in the auto biz at the fringe ( we shot the
glossy catalogs you steal from the dealer) and the one thing
everyone in the biz says/learns...... NEVER buy the first year!!!

97 Durango???? remeber those Fiero's???

sorry but I must aregee here,
get the dealer to throw in the 10/100 warrenty!!!!!!!

stevie.o@excite.com
99 SLT+ CC 4x4 318 3:92 Em Grn (last year of the 318)