Re: Re: Twin Turbo 6er? Attn

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 00:13:50 EST

Shaun,

    Thanks for the priceless info. I'd LOVE to get one of these in my
dakota. Now, where do I obtain one? OR it says on the bottom "only legal on
some vehicles and a 90 daytona VNT was included, anyluck in locating one?)
-Dester

<< Variable Geometry turbos do not require wastegates and all their
 pain-in-the-tush trappings. They are self governing for speed and pressure.
 The pressure relief valve is only there so that they can "build down" the
 engine, as the car was dangerous enough with 174hp stock. With a DOHC and a
 full pressure VNT Turbo, you're talking HP into the 300+ range and that kind
 of power in such a small car would kill people. So they limited boost at 15
 psi with a pressure valve. But no wastgates needed. If you are really
 interested in the VNT positives go to http://idt.net/~vnt4/vntrpt.html and
you
 will have all the information you need to know on Variable Geo Turbos... >>