RE: All superchargers click here

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Dec 12 1999 - 14:20:39 EST

Austin,

I just ran a few simulations on the old Dyno program and found that from 8 -
10psi boost...the HP/TQ gains at higher RPM (for the Dodge Magnum V6) were
nominal. HOWEVER, detonation was much more likely without a better fuel
delivery system. The 19lbs injectors will only run up to about 240hp max.
Anything beyond that and I had to change the injector rates on the program.
I've run similar tests on my engine configuration which was almost "Dead
Nuts" with the actual Dyno runs I did several months ago.

>From past "Real World" experiences with Vortech and Paxton, a SB Chevy and
Ford V8 couldn't handle anything more than 8psi without bottom end work.
(Let alone Forged Pistons.) Remember, the pistons in our V6's are NOT
Forged...they're Hypereutectic and can't hold up to the high stresses (NO2,
Super/Turbo Charging) as well as Forged.

All i'm saying is: It's your engine. Do what you want...but do it
cautiously. Start with a lower amount of boost and see how it runs. Then,
crank it up over time to see where the limit is. (Same goes for Nitrous and
Turbo's...you NEVER start with a high amount of boost.)

$0.02

- Bernd