Re: Header and ignition Questions

From: Erika Ipes (msbavior@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 14:38:01 EST

I haven't tried the light show yet. But will do that when I get home.
The pinging happens at anytime. Cold, warm. It doesn't matter. Its happen
when the truck is under a load. Like going up a hill and not giving it
enough gas to down shift, or riding down the road and giving it enough gas
to maintain speed. The plugs look like they belong on a vehicle with 70+
thousand miles on it. I've been waiting for this fix for a year. And to be
honest, I really don't think there is a fix coming out for it. I want to try
to modify the engine, because its lack of HP and go are horrible. So if I
can increase the HP a little, I might be a little happier, along with
getting rid of this ping. Even though this truck is under warranty for
100,000 miles, I still want to try to avoid problems caused by the ping.
Thanks!

Erika