Re: Re: Best throttle bodies? Quick D is!!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 16:41:03 EST

At 12:16 PM 12/13/99 -0700, you wrote:
>does anybody have any experience with this t-body??? I have heard one
>comment that it will not survive use on the street, but no information to
>back it up. somebody has to have used it, or know somebody who has. Is it
>better than a modified two bbl?? there have to be some answers out there
>gregg

I believe that the 4-bbl TB is a direct bolt-on for the M1 intake manifold.
I've been told that it flows at 1350 cfm which is way too much air unless
you're running a big block or a highly modified small block. Since TBs
for our injection systems just pass air and 750 cfm seems to be max for
stock engines, there is no advantages to running it. Probably would
cause some driveability and emission problems as the computer would not
know or be programmed for such a drastic change.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.