Speed Grille---Mission Impossible

From: Travis Gray (dwgm@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 22:29:40 EST

OK here is my problem. I finally got my speed grille after waiting two
months for Street Scene to press some new ones. (They were on
backorder) So now that i finally got em i want to put em on. I go
outside and pull the front piece off. I use a dremel to take the stock
grille off. Now comes the fun part!!!! I take the first piece out of
the bag and set it in the appropriate slot. The directions dont say if
it should just sit in there on top of the little lip or if it should sit

in it. After deciding that it kind of does a combination of both (one
part sits on the lip and the other part slides in along side it) i tried

to put the clips on. This is difficult (and in some cases impossible)
to do without moving to grill. Once you get all six clips on it is very

hard (if possible) to move the grille. The problem is that once the
clips are on the grille doesn't sit right. (it is angled either up or
down) My question is what am i doing wrong? Any tips are appreciated.
Where EXACTLY do you place the clips. If you could elaborate on the
directions a little that would be great. They are not very clear. To
recap if you could give me any suggestions especailly as to where the
grilles are suppost to sit and where the clips should go i would really
appreciate it.
Thanx,
--Travis