Re: QuickD Intake

From: Mike Schwanke (mps01@home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 19:53:29 EST

Derek wrote:

> I have the same truck in 5spd no mods yet looking for gas mileage, did your
> exhaust help. What are you getting for mileage?

My exhaust helped, but it depends on the driving I'm doing. Most of my driving
is city drivng right now with moderate traffic. If I take it fairly easy I can
get about 14 in the city, which is up from about 12-12.5. When the traffic is
lighter I can get about 15. When I push it a little more its about 13. As far
as highway, I haven't really had a chance to take it on the highway for more
than 20 miles so I'm not sure. I did loose a little low-end tourque, but it
runs much better and smoother than before, and overall it does have more
power. I live in Pittsburgh so its pretty hilly so that affects it some to.