Re[2]: Axle Fluid.....how many quarts?

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 07:16:14 EST

<<Dont go too thick witht he gear oil weight because you need the oil to go
in all the nooks and crannies of the axle and lube all those parts. Ive seen
guys go for the 110 weight oil and i tell them not to and a few weeks later
theire in with a blown axle or a cracked ring gear>>

Damn! I was afraid somebody would post something like this. I bought AMSOIL
synthetic 75w-140 gear oil for my diffs... Am I screwed/asking for problems if
I put it in??? I thought I was doing a good thing by getting an oil that would
flow like a 75 weight oil when cold and a 140 weight oil when hot... Damn, say
it ain't so --this stuff was expensive!
Tom