Re: Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

From: Jetmugg@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 14:51:45 EST

In a message dated 12/15/1999 11:27:08 AM Pacific Standard Time,

<< Subj: Re: DML: Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
 Date: 12/15/1999 11:27:08 AM Pacific Standard Time
 From: natedak2k@yahoo.com (Nate Johnson)
 Sender: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
 To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net

 Just out of curiosity was it this brand or another? did it leak from the
 "spout" or the threads?

  I'm not 100% sure of the brand, as the valve was supplied as part of a kit
including the valve, a remote drain hose, and a pipe cap. In both cases, the
leak came from the threaded portion. There is a plastic gasket supplied, and
when the brass body of the fitting was screwed in, it seemed like the brass
portion could not support enough torque, and it leaked. When attempting to
snug it down to the oil pan, the threads for the Olds engine stripped off the
fitting, and on the chevy, the fitting actually broke off, leaving me to use
an e-z out to remove the portion of the fitting which was still threaded into
the pan.