Re: (no subject)

From: Michael Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 16:03:02 EST

>>I want jba headers, <<<

yes... headers are good

>>customs 3" dules<<<

NO NO NO NO!!! 3" is WAY too big for a 6er.... and that's for single exhaust. If you want true duals don't go any bigger than 2.25 each pipe. Otherwise, no bigger than 2.5" (personal experience)

>>>port and polish heads and tb<<<<

You may wanna' swap in a V8 tb and port match the top of the intake to match the tb (about 2 1/16"). You may have a hard time finding someone to do the heads.... I called Hughes and they won't touch em'.....

Yeah man!!! go for it!!! custom stuff is always cool!

Oh yeah, you'll be in the 13's for sure.. You'll need an aftermarket ignition for some ignition retarding to handle the juice. I'm not sure about traction bars with a 4" drop, and you definitely won't be able to tuck 15x10's with a slam like that. I say, some 15x8's with some drag radials should do you fine =)

good luck dude!!! and don't let nobody tell you to drop a V8 in it (and they will)

-mike d.

88 6er with Slush-o-matic and 3.55 one-legged rear,
lowered, modded, and painted =)

http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html