Re: Axle Fluid..how many quarts(Tom)?

From: J McKinney (bigmopar4x4@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 18:24:59 EST

I have bought several things from Reider Racing over the
past couple of years and they've always had some of the
best prices and usually know what they're talking about. I
usually talk to "TC" (Tom Callahan) and he's pretty sharp.
I spoke to Powertrax a couple weeks ago and they told me
that the "No Slip" would start shipping in the next few
days. Maybe Call Reider back and if they still haven't
heard anything about the ship date, tell them what we've
been told and have them check with Powertrax on
availablility. I may switch to the No Slip if it's as good
as everybody seems to think, we'll see.

Bob had a good point in that previous post regarding the
lack of ratcheting on the No Slip and using a thinner oil.

--- fawcett@uism.bu.edu wrote:
> Nope, haven't purchased the locker yet... Summit gave me
> a price but somebody
> mentioned Reider Racing (sp?) can get it for close to
> $100 less. Still trying
> to figure out who to call at Reider 'cause when I called
> they didn't know the
> new PowerTrax "No-Slip" was out yet.
>
> I don't know what to do about this damn gear oil though.
> I finally found the
> lube specs in my FSM and it does in fact call for 80W-90
> gear oil. I guess
> I'll call AMSOIL, the dealership and PowerTrax tomorrow
> and see what they have
> to say about using the 75W-140 in my diffs... So much
> for thinking I was doing
> the right thing --this sucks!
> Tom

=====
John McKinney
Los Banos, CA
1998 Dakota 4x4 5in lift/locked 33" Swampers
1974 Ramcharger 4in lift/locked 33" BFG MT's