Re: Re[3]: terraserver

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 12:09:18 EST

Alot of it's used for the US Geological survey. That's how they make maps
and topo maps. The resolution as ya'll can see isn't really high enough
to to do any "damage" though I'm sure they have sat's that can but that's
a whole nother subject. did anybody notice that alot of those satalites
we're "sputnik's"? (russian) My old home is near Norad in Colorado, I
couldn't even find images on a US satallite but I found GREAT detail on a
sputnik! hehe. I guess we've got the blueprints, why do we need satalite
imagry!

>Too bad they only have the US covered, and only a very very small piece
>of
>Canada.
>And does anyone else wonder why they would be taking so many pictures of
>the
>entire country and what else they are using the information for?
>
>Frank WJ

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
00 Dakota CC 4X4, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"