RE: Midland CB help

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 22:55:30 EST

SSB is "Single Side Band". It gives you extra channels in between the
regular ones (One UP and One DOWN - USB/LSB). That's mainly for Private
conversations, etc. The 12W for SSB is standard as well as the 4W for AM is
standard power output regulated by the FCC.

Variable Squelch - Standard on most CB's (allows you to tuen-out weaker
signals)
10 Channel Weather - Not bad!! Mine only has two. (This allows for
Nationwide, Up to the Minute, weather coverage.)
Last Channel Recall - Basically what it states...kind of like the recall
button on your TV remote control.
LOC/DIST - Local and Distant Channel tuning. This allows you to "Pull In"
distant signals. (Kind of like a FM Radio Amplifier)
MIC Gain - "Power Microphone". Is your signal is weak (or too far) you can
turn up the gain on the Microphone which in turn (sometimes) makes your
voice louder on the receiving end.
Coarse and Fine Tune - (Don't know what they wanted with this option...)
CB Band Selector - Just what it states.
NB - ???

Sounds like a good radio to purchase.

- Bernd