Re: Alpine Car Audio

From: Dave Scelfo (macncheesemonster@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 08:05:44 EST

Im a clarion man, so im
> gonna push clarion, I have now had two decks for over 18 months (not a
>long
> time I know) each, and had 0 probs. Keep in mind, thats what i "heard"
>about
> eclipse, so dont quote me on it, but from what i've seen, clarion is
>cheaper
> (still not for the faint of heart with their higher end decks) and MUCH

    I've had two clarion decks. The first one i liked alot but it got
horked at a Beastie Boys concert. The second one I had for about a month
its pretty much garbage. Overall I liked both of them but the both have
gone to a better place. The problem could have been the application (my
Samurai). Not the smoothest ride, or the driest either. Oh well, the cd
changer keeps on going. Silly thiefs left that!
     As for the Eclipse, I was considering buying that but if anything says
STEAL ME, its that. I tend to think that people who drop over 500 on a head
unit, dont usually stop there. When you see the face of one of those
puppies in the dash, you know that there's probably a lot more goodies, even
if ya cant get the head unit.

--
Dave