Re: Alpine Car Audio

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 14:55:44 EST

I have a Kenwood Excelon 8007 and the PS-81 10 disc changer and I can play
CDR's in either. As far as skipping goes, meither have ever skipped unless it
was from scratches on the CD itsself. My changer is mounted on my box under
my back seat and I drive like a bat ot of hell. I have literally tried to
make it skip hitting train tracks, etc and it just plays on. I am very
pleased with it.

Kelly in SC
'96 5.2 CC

In a message dated 12/18/99 8:14:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
macncheesemonster@hotmail.com writes:

> >Nope. My old kenwood 8009 (2nd highest model kenwood made minus the 9007
> >and
> >the excelon which had an extra bass blocked in the deck) could NOT Play
> >CD-Rs. I switched to an alpine and play it fine. The kenwood has a
crappy
> >lazer in my opinion. And we use Verbatim blue disks also. I heard
they're
> >better than other brands.
> >-Dester
>
> Hmm, thats strange, the Kenwood 52X CD Drive is the nicest you can buy.
Oh
> well, not endorsing kenwood, never owned a single thing they make but the
CD