Re: Lowering a Truck is Stupid??

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 09:21:22 EST

In a message dated 12/23/99 6:49:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
preacher@carolina.rr.com writes:

> I guess I will get involved in this conversation after all ;-P
>
> Lifting or lowering a truck to achieve better performance is a good thing.
> Slamming a truck to the pavement and RUINING the performance is an idiotic
> thing.
> I never understood why someone would go out of their way and spend lots of
> cash to make a vehicle perform worse, just 'cause it might look "cool" to
> their prepubescent friends.

To you better performance is what you're after. To someone else, the "look"
might be what they're after. My truck is lowered a modest amount to improve
performance, but I have nothing against the guy next to me who's in the weed.
The fact that usually these "weed trucks" have only the minimal in drivetrain
gear should also hint that they're only after looks and not performance. I
mean who puts a 4.3 V6 in a full size chevy anywayz?? Just because you don't
understand the trend doesn't mean it's stupid. I've had 70 hear old men come
up to me and tell me I have the most beautiful truck they've ever seen, and
had their sons come up to me and call it a "wanna-be truck". It's all in what
you enjoy, and it's not enjoyable if you build your truck to everyone else's
standards.

-Austin
-Supervipertruck