Re: Dester's pictures

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 11:05:01 EST

Well, I talked to a couple shops in Louisianna, and what a bunch of rip offs.
 There's this place called Torrence audio (only ppi dealer in LA) and they
want 25 bucks to send EACH sub in for repair. nuh uh. I'm talking em back
to Kansas and gettin it done for almost free... to think of it. it DID do
it on a very cold nite. it was about 19 degrees outside and after parking it
over night. going out and turning it back on, it didn't work.
-Dester

<< they would have to be designed to deal with something like that. mabe
they
 just froze in the enclosure. i saw the pictures of your install. the box
 might need to be heated to keep the subs happy in the winter. if you lived
 in a hotter climate that sort of install would never give you trouble
 but...in colder climates with moisture in the air your subs may have frozen
 or just rusted ever so slightly. the tolerances in the subs where the
 suspension travels into the magnet are really tight to give you maximum bang
 for your buck. get a speaker shop to check one of them out.
 derek >>