Re: double tranny coolers

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 13:20:33 EST

> '98 quad cab 318 46re
> The common concensus amongst the group is that an auxilary transmission
> cooler is a good idea.
> Now, the question I have is two coolers better than one or is this
> unnecessary or put undue strain on the pump. The local salvage yard has a
> several at $20 ea and I was thinking about plumbing in a couple. I
> appreciate all responses.

David,
Yes I think tranny coolers are thge way to go, whether if you tow or not. I
put a auxil. tranny cooler on my Dak when I first bought it, and now at
115,700 miles I haven't had ANY tranny related problems at all. I am running
a tranny cooler which are commonly installed on trucks with 24,000
GVW(Commonly used on 1Ton Deisel Chevy Trucks). I think 2 are not needed, if
you want the extra protection, just get a cooler rated for a larger
vehicle/beefier tranny. Also, I change my fluid/filter in my tranny every
year, which also greatly helps to improve automatic tranny life.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6